What we do
Discover how we support the defence and security of the UK.Discover more
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
As an electronic apprentice you will spend your first year of training producing a number of electronic projects. These projects will help you to develop your skills and knowledge in basic electronic theory, components, basic circuit design, circuit construction and reporting. Once the theory phase of training is complete you will embark on business placements to gain experience and understanding of a variety of facilities and projects and the practical application of your skills.
Some of the skills you will develop in the academy includes:
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend a number of lectures designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of further electronic theory, these include:
During this apprenticeship you will experience a number of work placements to develop knowledge of the business and product while also studying for a Level 4 qualification in Electronics.
Have you ever looked at your phone, games console or WiFi Router and wondered, what’s inside and how does it work?
Are you interested in?
Arduino or Robotics
Understanding how all things electronic work
Designing and building electronic circuits
Use of electronic test equipment for fault finding, maintenance and repair of circuits and systems
Learning about the Electromagnetic Spectrum
Analogue and Digital electronics
You'll need to demonstrate:
• A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
• Computer literacy (PC)
• Excellent team working skills
• Good communication skills
• Awareness of health and safety
• The ability to follow instructions
• The ability to concentrate for long periods
• A real passion for this type of work
• 2 A levels (preferred) or 5 GCSEs at C (or equivalent) and above, 2 of which must be Math & English.
• Ideal if you have previously achieved a level 3 BTEC.
• HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Technical certificate)
• Level 4 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
• Level 2 English, Maths & ICT (Functional Skills) – If required
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
• Process Safety Awareness Certificate
Duration of apprenticeship: 4 years
Starting salary: £10,500